Between half-an-acre and 2 acres
To make a beautiful garden which will also enhance the value of your property you will be investing good money, so do not try to save on the design phase as it may cost you in the long term.
As a rule you will need a plan and a proper design for a medium sized garden; you will probably be investing enough money that to try to save on the design phase will cost you more in the long term.
The same principals of suitability and practicality apply for this size of garden as with a large garden; how it works for you and what is in keeping with the style of the house is most important. Understanding the style, the situation, the desire and the practicality of the garden is the skill of the garden designer at GardenEye.
You can do most things in a garden of this size, but not everything; there may be a temptation to try to squash too much in, but hold back and work out your 5 key priorities.
These are normally things such as:
• Driveway improvements
• Improvements to boundary definitions – flower beds, trees
• Vegetable patch & greenhouse
• Outdoor living space, terrace or patio
Without a coherent design and plan it is easy to spend a great deal of money getting the garden wrong and then spending the same again repairing the damage. Our advice for this size of garden is ALWAYS to have it properly planned and designed.
Remember that designs:
• Consider all the detail that you'll need, thus allowing us to ensure that we can identify the Critical Path for planning purposes
• Identify the main costs and thus demonstrate whether the budget matches the vision
• Have an eye on the landscaping process to ensure that they work off paper
Remember that whilst we are developing the design we will already be planning what needs to happen when, so that as soon as you are ready to start there is not a long wait: we too shall be ready!